- Adventure Kokoda is the only specialist trekking company operating on the Kokoda Trail - we do not trek to any other location - Kokoda is all we do.
- We have the most professional and experienced trek leaders - our team has 160 years combined military experience - we have led more than 600 expeditions safely across the trail over the past 30 years.
- We specialise in the wartime history of the Kokoda campaign.
- We are the only trek operator to have established a philanthropic Not-for-Profit company - Network Kokoda - to provide assistance to local villagers in the fields of health, education and local agriculture.
- We pioneered the Kokoda trekking industry - we had been operating on the trail for more than a decade before it was 'discovered'' by eco-tour operators.
- We have a permanent rear headquarters in Port Moresby and maintain a 24/7 VHF radio watch to monitor daily progress of our trek groups and to react immediately in the event of any emergency.
- We are the only trekking company to provide for the welfare of our PNG guides and carriers by issuing them with sleeping bags, sleeping mats and a full trek uniform to our guides and carriers.
- We are the only trekking company that limits the maximum backpack weight for our guides and carriers to 18 kg which was the maximum weight allowed during the Kokoda campaign in 1942.
See for yourself!
Tackling the Kokoda Trail is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and, whilst there's nothing like actually being there, you can get a feel for what to expect with some of our videos.
Take a closer look now and see why over 7,000 people have trusted us to bring this historical and cultural journey to life, leading them safely across the trail and ensuring they have an unforgettable experience.