Adventure Kokoda funded the establishment of a not-for-profit company, Network Kokoda, to provide philanthropic support to the villagers along the Kokoda Trail.
Our achievements since we established Network Kokoda include:
- The construction of a TB Isolation Ward at Popondetta Hospital in partnership with the Oro Community Development Project;
- The construction of a Community Learning Centre in Abuari Village;
- The construction of Community Learnng Centre at Sogeri;
- The construction of a helipad to assist villages along the trail to get their produce to markets in Port Moresby;
- The establishment of market gardens and Sogeri National High School and Iaowari High School - now providing fresh product for more than 1000 boarding students;
- The development of a fish farm at Iaowari High School in partnershiip with Richmond Rotary;
- Provision of educational and sporting material to all village schools along the trail;
- Provision of medical supplies to all village health centres along the trail; and
- Financial support for villagers to requiring urgent medical support in Port Moresby
In 2018 we will be conducting community classes in literacy, sewing, cooking and agriculture for six womens groups on the Sogeri plateau.