Seven important points of difference to note with Adventure Kokoda:
- Adventure Kokoda have been rated as the No. 1 trekking company on the Kokoda Trail on Tripadvisor for eight consecutive years.
- Our trek leaders have a combined total of 160 years professional military service and have led more than 600 expeditions across the Kokoda Trail over the past 30 years - their emergency expedition skills and wartime historical knowledge of the Kokoda campaign is unsurpassed.
- We have a specialised campsite support crew to carry your individual tents forward each day and set them up while our catering crew prepare, cook and serve your meals.
- We follow the entire 138 km of the original wartime trail; we explore the extensive grassland plateaus of Lake Myola 1 and 2 to visit historic wartime sites in the area; we conduct a solemn Dawn Service at the Isurava War Memorial; and we present detailed historic presentations at each battle site.
- We are the only trekking company:
a) to conduct business legally in PNG as an approved 'Foreign Enterprise' to meet our annual corporate compliance requirements;
b) to impose a backpack limit of 18 kg which was the maximum allowed during the Kokoda campaign; and
c) to provide for the welfare of our PNG support crew by providing each one with a full trek uniform (cap, shirt and shorts) and a zippered sleeping bag and foam mat.
- We provide more philanthropic support to villagers across the Kokoda Trail than all other trekking companies combined through our Network Kokoda charity.
- We are one of the few trekking companies with a current Public Liability Insurance policy - the policies of many other local eco-operators have long since expired.